Accelerated Master of Arts in Communication
Apply during your junior year and take up to 12 credit hours that will count double for the Bachelor of Science in Communication and Master of Arts in Communication. Once you earn your BS, then spend one year finishing the 18 credit hours for the MA. This program is a 4+1, four years of undergraduate and one year to finish a MA.
Specifically, we require that to be considered for admission to the Accelerated MA in Communication program, you meet the following criteria:
- Must be an ECU undergraduate student working toward the BS in Communication.
- Must have completed 75 total undergraduate credit hours, at least 18 of which must be Communication courses.
- Must have a cumulative undergraduate 3.3 GPA.
In addition to this, we will require the following of all students admitted into the Accelerated MA in Communication:
- Approved Accelerated Degree Program (ADP) students must make a B or above in all graduate coursework to stay in the ADP program. Undergraduate ADP students who make a C in any graduate course can still count that course toward the BS degree, but will not be eligible to take additional graduate courses as an undergraduate.
- Approved ADP students can take any COMM course at the graduate level, but are prohibited from taking graduate courses outside of Communication.
- Courses taken at the graduate level cannot replace required courses at the undergraduate level.
- Undergraduate students seeking ADP status must apply to and be accepted into the MA in Communication before enrolling in graduate courses.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Keith Richards
Graduate Program Director
East Carolina University
102 Joyner East
Greenville, NC 27858-4353